The student news site of Greenbrier High School

The Wolf's Den

• September 15Comment on your favorite article and be entered to win a cool prize from the Wolf Den staff! Drawings to be held monthly!

• September 11Yearbooks on sale for $70! Order online @ www.jostensyearbooks.com

Run for your life

Elizabeth Murdock

The battle between humans and zombies is only days away. Two Greenbrier students will make the choice to live or die as they face hordes of zombies at every turn.

This may sound like a scene from the popular TV show, The Walking Dead, but for Greenbrier siblings, Aidan and Broderick Cox, this is a reality. They will be running in a 5k fun run that will take place in Perry, Georgia on October 24. People deciding to do the run can choose to be a human runner or have a movie makeover to become a zombie.

Freshman, Aidan Cox, said, “I thought it would be a really fun experience. In case something does happen, it would be great training. It’s going to be at the Guardian Center. I think it was specifically made for something like this.” The Guardian Center was actually a former cold war nuclear missile plant. It was then converted to a disaster preparation facility. The Center features a modern city outlook, approximately 300 vehicles, and a working subway.

All of the runners will have lifebelts. The lifebelts have four or five flags tied onto them. The zombies are targeting these flags but can only take one per person. The goal is to complete the run with as many life flags as possible. This is just one of the many challenges that the participants will face.

“My brother told my family about the run last year, but we didn’t do it because we felt out of shape. This year we have been training a lot. I’m not going to waste all that hard work by getting caught by a zombie, ” freshman, Aidan Cox, said. Although some will sleep in on Saturday, these students are going to run for their lives. We can’t think of a better way to stay in shape while having fun this Halloween season.

Would you be brave enough to participate in a run like this? Leave a comment below!

1 Comment

One Response to “Run for your life”

1. Awtome Finney on October 28th, 2015 1:29 pm

That seems like that would be a really fun run.

[Reply]

Comment on your favorite article and be entered to win a cool prize from the Wolf's Den staff! Drawings to be held monthly.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Run for your life

Showcase

Growing Number of Bomb Threats

• Run for your life

Showcase

HOCO Queen 2016: Taylor Tant

• Run for your life

School News

Chic-Fil-A Leader Academy: student leaders give back

• Run for your life

School News

VPN Must Come To An End

• Run for your life

Showcase

GHS football winning streak

• Run for your life

Showcase

Lisa Guilbeau: Teacher of the year!

• Run for your life

Showcase

Student section savvy

• Run for your life

School News

Freshmen elected into SGA

• Run for your life

Between The Bells

Jampacked schedule: overbearing or motivator?

• Run for your life

School News

Greenbrier unites at special olympics

Run for your life