The student news site of Greenbrier High School

The Wolf's Den

• September 15Comment on your favorite article and be entered to win a cool prize from the Wolf Den staff! Drawings to be held monthly!

• September 11Yearbooks on sale for $70! Order online @ www.jostensyearbooks.com

Filed under Student Spotlight

Emma Kohtanen’s Love For Fashion

emma 5emma 4emma 3

Senior, Emma Kohtanen says, It was her love for fashion that made her last January want to start documenting the different looks she puts together.  She blogs about her personal inspirations as far as fashion goes. Her outfits consist all kinds of looks from casual to more dressy. She says, Even the style of the looks change from time to time. Sometimes its floral and very girly, other times its faux leather leggings with a shirt tied around my waist. Emma says “There’s a look for everyone”. Emma has collaborated with a few local stores, which she say, is a fun way to change up the routine and surprise her readers.

Senior Sydney Gove says, I have know Emma for about four years now. Fashion has always been such an important aspect to her life. For as long as I have known her she has loved everything about Fashion and loved just doing different things that surrounded that topic. Sydney says, It was around last year that she told me she was starting to make a blog and honestly thought, well of course she is! It just fits her so well! Honestly her outfits inspire me and I just loving seeing how happy this blog makes her. Sydney says, Its incredible to see how big of an impact, She’s had since starting this blog. Sydney said,”Honestly I think when she decided to create her blog, it was probably one of her greatest ideas ever.”

“Emma’s fashion blog is definitely one to take a look at. She puts together pieces of clothing I would never think of doing, and it definitely gives me inspiration and ideas into to some of my outfits. I Love the way she layers her clothing, and I would say that her style is quite sophisticated yet fun and cute!” Senior Macy Spears said.

What Emma loves most about blogging is “how it’s endless of options”. A lot of her post are inspired by celebrities or trends seen on runways and she says, If course those aren’t always the most practical everyday wear. But she loves how she’s able to document outfits that come to mind at random times for everyone to see.

The biggest challenges she faces as a blogger is considering it’s the school year, is staying consistent with posts. During the holidays and longer breaks the problem fades away though. She also said when she started blogging, figuring out every bit of the website creator to make sure she was using it to its full potential was a little challenging.

“If you’re wanting to start a fashion blog, or any blog for that matter, make sure you truly love whatever the blog’s focus is on. It’d be extremely difficult to keep my blog up if I didn’t have a passion for fashion. So definitely find something that really interests you, and of course, stay true to your words about your blogging schedule.” says Emma.