The student news site of Greenbrier High School

The Wolf's Den

• September 15Comment on your favorite article and be entered to win a cool prize from the Wolf Den staff! Drawings to be held monthly!

• September 11Yearbooks on sale for $70! Order online @ www.jostensyearbooks.com

Freshmen elected into SGA

Saxon Curry, Staff

The Student Government Association has officers in each grade that will aid in the development of prom, homecoming, and hallway themes. Freshman elections are a huge part of the 9th grade class and were recently wrapped up. Wesley Allen, former freshman president and current sophomore class president shed some light on what exactly it means to be a freshman class officer and some of the duties that come along with it. “They will be involved in hallway decorating, organizing homecoming, fundraisers, and other events they decide to organize. They will also assist the sophomore, junior, and senior classes during school wide SGA events, and also events for each class individually.

Some 9th graders may not feel the need to participate in SGA or do not want the pressure of running for one of the many officer slots. Luckily for them, each grade has 15 senator slots open to anyone who applies. Senators play a key role in aiding the other officers with many events and decorating their class hallway. SGA will become a very large part of the school year in many ways. This was made very clear by senior class president James Clay. “As with every grade, electing leadership sets the tone for the rest of the year.” It’s important that the freshman elect a responsible leader in order to have an effective and enriching school year and 9th graders should be encouraged to get involved wherever possible!

Congratulations to the winner of freshman class president, Morgan Perry and all other elected officers. Senator applications for the freshman class should be coming out shortly for anyone who is interested in applying. Feel free to leave comments regarding your thoughts on the freshman election or SGA in general.