The student news site of Greenbrier High School

The Wolf's Den

• September 15Comment on your favorite article and be entered to win a cool prize from the Wolf Den staff! Drawings to be held monthly!

• September 11Yearbooks on sale for $70! Order online @ www.jostensyearbooks.com

Stress-free senior year survival kit

Senior can be stressful but also the best year of your high school career. Getting through may seem strenuous, but every senior  can make it through to the day all student hope to achieve … Graduation !

5 Tips for a Stress-free Senior

1. Be Organized

Keep a planner or reminders on your phone.  “ Senior year is stressful because there are a lot of deadlines you have to meet” senior Faith Moore said. Senior year moves very fast, so  remain ahead of all  due dates/deadlines. Do not get caught up in life and forget you have work to finish. Often times weekend work is the norm. When Monday hits, do not find yourself forgetting something was due.

2. Stay Drama Free

By senior year you learn your true friends. Do not get caught up in pointless drama. So much happens throughout the year, you have no time for drama. Don’t let things like this ruin your last year on high school. ” I was caught up in drama my freshman and sophomore years of highschool, that’s what you remember” senior Tierani Thompson states as she reminisces on her senior year. ” Just don’t be around people that constantly are in drama.” , she also mentions.

3. Attendance

A major part of Senior Year is actually attending. After this year, second chances don’t exist. If you fall behind it is very hard to catch up. Coming to school versus not coming could be the difference between graduating and not graduating. Also as a senior, rather then exempting 3 exams, exempting all 7 are an option. To exempt all of them, all absences have to be excused. With this being said remember to bring notes stating the reason of the absence.

4. Be Smart ! 

Don’t do anything that could possibly put you in jeopardy of graduating. Get through the year making smart decisions, and hanging with the right crowd. It is very easy to get caught up making bad decisions, however avoid this.

5. Have Fun !

The last year of high school should be fun. Live it up. Remember in society now, everything is recorded, although cameras are used to capture memorable moments they also capture negative moments. Social media can get you in a lot of trouble so be careful what is posted. Not only can this cause trouble during the school year, this can cause trouble applying for colleges and also jobs.