The student news site of Greenbrier High School

The Wolf's Den

• September 15Comment on your favorite article and be entered to win a cool prize from the Wolf Den staff! Drawings to be held monthly!

• September 11Yearbooks on sale for $70! Order online @ www.jostensyearbooks.com

Mr. and Ms. GHS

It was a warm, sunny morning, and school spirit was swirling through the fresh fall air. The drums were beating, the winners smiling, and the crowd cheering wildly for the newly crowned Mr. and Ms. GHS, Madison Drummond and James Clay.  They approached the front of the field to receive their awards, and it truly was a joy filled day for the two seniors.

“When I heard that I had won Miss GHS, I was kind of in shock,” shares Senior Madison Drummond.  “I was so consumed with trying to pass out senior superlatives that I wasn’t super focused on what Mr. Seagraves was saying. When I heard my name, I felt really honored.”

She felt elated to find out that she had been chosen by the Greenbrier Staff to win such a prestigious and honorable superlative. After all, high school is the time of our lives, the time to shine and do our greatest and represent what we believe in.

For those whose goal is to achieve winning Mr. or Ms. GHS their senior year, the two winners have some excellent advice: just being yourself, and trying as hard as you possibly can to actually participate in school, not just get by, really boosts your chances of winning. Participate in sports, extracurricular activities, get to know people. And, as always, study! Good grades really look nice, not only for winning Mr./Ms. GHS, but also on your transcript for other colleges and jobs. Just push yourself as far as you possibly can, if its really what you want.

“To use a spin off of one of President Kennedy’s famous quotes, it is important to ask not what your school can do for you, but ask what you can do for your school,” shares Senior James Clay.  “I try to live by that standard everyday, and I believe teachers notice that.”

The feeling of winning Mr./Ms. GHS is amazing, like you actually did something, like you actually made a difference in your high school.

So for all the students on the fence about going for Mr. or Ms. GHS, Madison Drummond and James Clay know that the hard work is worth the reward, and that winning is just as truly amazing as it is hyped up to be.

Feel free to comment down below what your favorite high school superlative is and/or your thoughts on Mr. and Ms. GHS.