The student news site of Greenbrier High School

The Wolf's Den

• September 15Comment on your favorite article and be entered to win a cool prize from the Wolf Den staff! Drawings to be held monthly!

• September 11Yearbooks on sale for $70! Order online @ www.jostensyearbooks.com

Scheduling Nightmare

MyKayla Colson, staff writer

As the second semester begins, many classes have been moved around and many schedules have been changed. As students look back on the work they did in the first semester, could they have prevented their classes from changing?

It happens every year around this time. Counselors are going through paperwork looking to see who needs what classes and what credits to graduate. Many students stopped trying half way through the semester or thought that they could “wing it,” but now that their schedules changed was it the right choice?

“I hated getting my schedule changed, but I’m also thankful at the same time. I had classes with my friends the first semester but then they put me in a different class so I could retake a course I didn’t pass the first time. I wasn’t with my friends but I could make up for the work I didn’t put in. Overall I think it’s better than summer school.” says an anonymous sophomore.

Others weren’t so excited for the schedule modifications and the fact that they wouldn’t be able to keep up in class.  “My math class got so much bigger then it was before, and now it’s ten times harder to concentrate on my work!” says Tyler Rohrig, a freshman.

Students also found themselves stressing about getting enough credits. “I didn’t do so well in the first semester and I am struggling this semester taking 2 classes of the same subject. I guess that proves I need to put more work into it.” says Hope King, a freshman.

Not all students felt this way. Some actually like the schedule change. “I have classes with my friends now and I didn’t before, so I think I benefited,” says Kierre Booker, ninth grade.

A new semester means a new start. What are you going to do with it? Let me know down in the comments if your schedule was changed and if you think you benefited or not.

Tune in next month for another addition of Random Blathering of a Ninth-Grader.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Scheduling Nightmare”

1. Brienna Grover on February 5th, 2015 1:20 pm

I had this same issue, my third got moved to seventh, seventh to sixth, and sixth to third, and they are the same exact classes, like what was the point?!

[Reply]

2. Taylor Arlington on February 26th, 2015 8:28 pm

Some of my friends got moved out of their classes and they continuously complain about it 🙂

[Reply]

Comment on your favorite article and be entered to win a cool prize from the Wolf's Den staff! Drawings to be held monthly.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Scheduling Nightmare

Showcase

Growing Number of Bomb Threats

• Scheduling Nightmare

Showcase

HOCO Queen 2016: Taylor Tant

• Scheduling Nightmare

School News

Chic-Fil-A Leader Academy: student leaders give back

• Scheduling Nightmare

School News

VPN Must Come To An End

• Scheduling Nightmare

Showcase

GHS football winning streak

• Scheduling Nightmare

Showcase

Lisa Guilbeau: Teacher of the year!

• Scheduling Nightmare

Showcase

Student section savvy

• Scheduling Nightmare

School News

Freshmen elected into SGA

• Scheduling Nightmare

Between The Bells

Jampacked schedule: overbearing or motivator?

• Scheduling Nightmare

School News

Greenbrier unites at special olympics

Scheduling Nightmare