The student news site of Greenbrier High School

The Wolf's Den

• September 15Comment on your favorite article and be entered to win a cool prize from the Wolf Den staff! Drawings to be held monthly!

• September 11Yearbooks on sale for $70! Order online @ www.jostensyearbooks.com

Annual Guitar Pull

What event draws people to stand in line for hours, especially Greenbrier student, and occurs in November? The memorable music occasion of Guitar Pull.

Guitar Pull draws students and adult to listen to a variety of music. A Senior at Greenbrier, Libby Newsome said she was thrilled to see Thomas rhett and although she didn’t stand in line this year, she would for a chance at the tickets. The tickets were sold for cheap, although big celebrities preformed  at this annual event. Thomas Rhett, Craig Morgan, Maddy and Tae and rising hot artist Sam Hunt sang at 7pm on November 17th 2015. A lot of support of the event comes from the Kicks 99 radio station. Most people that wait in line for tickets are facing fluctuating weather such as bitter cold or harsh storms for the annual tickets. Citizens that purchase or receive the prized tickets do not realize where the term Guitar Pull originated from. The event started when different artist joined together to critique one another’s music. The concert has evolved, creating edited versions of hit songs featuring the artist for the public to enjoy. At greenbrier Baylee Doggette that received tickets to the 2014 concert states, “I love being able to see a group of my favorite artist at one time. I am most excited to see Sam Hunt and Jana Kramer.” To those who missed the ticket deadline, the leading radio station offered Guitar pull stops to have a chance to win the tickets. Logan Still, a junior who attended Guitar Pull stated, ” My favorite part of guitar pull was when Sam Hunt sang Strawberry Wine”.

Next year, if you’re interested in going to Guitar Pull, stay updated with the Kicks 99 website to learn about the dates for ticket sales. Come enjoy the music with the wolfpack for years to come!