The student news site of Greenbrier High School

The Wolf's Den

• September 15Comment on your favorite article and be entered to win a cool prize from the Wolf Den staff! Drawings to be held monthly!

• September 11Yearbooks on sale for $70! Order online @ www.jostensyearbooks.com

GHS Styles For a Fashionable Winter

Ashley Benjamin

Trends like infinity scarfs, boots, cozy sweaters, comfy cardigans, and jeans simply call the winter season. These trends however are just the beginning. Styles come in all sorts of variety. A winter variety can contain a lazy chill style, an exotic street style, a warm autumn style, and an intern style. When the cold comes, dressing warm does not have to be boring, it can be cute and stylish. The secret to dressing fashionably all comes from one decision, where to shop? Macy’s, Kohl’s, Jcpenney, Nordstrom, and Hollister all sell trending winter fashion, but if you don’t like any of these stores, popular apps are the next step. Fashionable ideas on winter fashion can come from apps like Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram.

Dressing appropriately according to the time of season can be difficult. Should someone dress according to the time of season or temperature? Sophomore, Mindie Mickley says, “Because of the weather I dress according to the time of season and temperature, I just throw on a Patagonia vest and I’m good. Winter fashion is just a tee shirt and bean boots, but my favorite winter style is a lazy day fashion that looks like I tried.”

Sophomore, Mindie Mickley

Sophomore, Mindie Mickley

Appropriate and inappropriate clothes are important to GHS and a way to prevent inappropriate styles is by following the dress code. Cyber Security teacher, Mrs.Poucher and English teacher, Ms.Coleman were both nominated and voted best dressed teachers for 2014-15. Mrs.Poucher believes that, “Appropriate clothes are clothes that fit well and are seasonally appropriate. Layering on shirts, sweaters, vest, jeans, and a pair of boots is winter fashion.” Ms.Coleman states,“Summertime apparel is obviously inappropriate and so are leggings that are worn with a short shirt.”
100_1157 (640x216)
Warm to cold temperatures is how this winter season started, but it finally seems that the winter chill is here to stay. Cold outside temperatures can make trying to stay in winter style difficult, but thanks to GHS students and teachers dressing in winter fashion just got a little easier.
Join the conversation in what you believe is winter fashion!