The student news site of Greenbrier High School

The Wolf's Den

• September 15Comment on your favorite article and be entered to win a cool prize from the Wolf Den staff! Drawings to be held monthly!

• September 11Yearbooks on sale for $70! Order online @ www.jostensyearbooks.com

Star Student and Teacher

Trevon Sharper, wolf den staff

Every year, Greenbrier awards a star student. For the 2015-2016 school year, Greenbrier nominated Nancy Park as star student
Although every year a student receives the great honor of star student, many greenbrier students do not know what star student is or what credentials are necessary to become star student. When asked if he knew what stat student represented, senior Marcus Reese says, “I honestly have no idea.” When another senior, Matt Oliver was questioned of the credentials for star student, he replied, “Is it the person with the highest GPA?”
One student is annually awarded the distinction of star student based off of standardized test scores, specifically the SAT. The most recently anointed star student, Nancy Park, earned a one-time SAT score of 2330 (no super score). Nancy will attend Georgia Tech in the fall and major in biology. When asked whether star student was a goal of hers, Nancy said, “Yes, the previous star student told her about it encouraged her to strive to accomplish the acknowledgement.” Nancy says she chose Mrs. Louis as her star teacher because, “she really cares about her students and not only teaches exceptional nursing and medical protocol, but also important life lessons and morals.” When asked if she was surprised about Nancy’s distinction, Mrs. Louis said, “no, not at all. I was just thrilled. Nancy is very intelligent and the most attentive student in the room, sucking up every detail of lessons. Furthermore, when we go to the nursing home, you can truly see the genuine care that Nancy has for the patients, and that cannot be taught.”
If you are interested in becoming start student, Nany says to “take lots of practice tests straight from the College Board website.” After all, practice makes perfect.