The student news site of Greenbrier High School

The Wolf's Den

• September 15Comment on your favorite article and be entered to win a cool prize from the Wolf Den staff! Drawings to be held monthly!

• September 11Yearbooks on sale for $70! Order online @ www.jostensyearbooks.com

Super Bowl 50!

Super Bowl 50 HYPE!!!!

Super Bowl 50 HYPE!!!!

Super Bowl 50 HYPE!!!!

Cars are lined up and down the street, people dressed in bright orange or baby-blue, and stores running out of soda are all familiar sights on the exciting weekend of a Super Bowl. Though, this football celebration was much more than a regular game. In Super Bowl 50, two teams would be competing to receive the title as champion. The Denver Broncos and Peyton Manning(two-time Super Bowl winning champ) versus Cam Newton and The Carolina Panthers, a team that went 15 wins and 1 lose over their ENTIRE football conference. This was the ultimate battle for football fans all over the world.

However, millions of fans in the U.S. struggled to watch the Carolina Panthers lose to the Denver Broncos. For the 1st quarter of the game the two teams were neck and neck both eager to win. But as it got closer and closer to the final seconds it was clear that the Panthers were not as well prepared. The final score was 24-10. The Broncos scoring a whooping 14 points( two touchdowns and 2 field goals) over the Panthers. Many people felt that The Panthers just were not in the game. Cam Newton himself even said,” The Broncos defence was a lot stronger and better than we thought…honestly I think that I could have played better”. He, himself dropped the football 4 plus times and fumbled 2 times. Something that drastically changed the game.

As for Peyton Manning and the Broncos this was a dream come true. This was Peyton’s last game before retirement and what better way to end then something like this. A Super Bowl win. Many people did not have faith in the Broncos, often being called the “underdogs”. About 87% of the U.S were completely convinced that Carolina was going to steal the title away from the Broncos, but it was never out of reach for them.
Super Bowl 50 was definitely a very hectic time for the actual football players and fans. Party-planning and training often took up the time in either your families’ scheduler or the football players. Hopefully we can have another game-changing event like this next year. See you at Super Bowl LI(51).