The student news site of Greenbrier High School

The Wolf's Den

• September 15Comment on your favorite article and be entered to win a cool prize from the Wolf Den staff! Drawings to be held monthly!

• September 11Yearbooks on sale for $70! Order online @ www.jostensyearbooks.com

Student section savvy

Kevin Baggot

Kevin Baggot

Sarah Williams

On home game Friday nights, hundreds of students can be found cramming in the student section to cheer on the Wolfpack win and to support their team. Greenbrier’s student section is known all around the area for its display of ultimate school spirit. The goal of the student section is to encourage Greenbrier students to demonstrate school pride and to support our athletic teams.  There are chants to learn, powder to throw, and themes to dress for.  The theme for the first game of the year was a “Red Out For Robert”. This theme choice was dedicated to Robert Ballard, a Greenbrier student who tragically passed away at the end of the last school year.  This is just one example of how the student section helps to promote unity on campus and support the pack.

The themes are decided by senior Kyong Natali, the student section leader, and are highly anticipated by students of all grade levels. “One of my favorite parts of the student section is the themes,” said sophomore Mia Bates.

The student section would like to encourage students of all grade levels to get involved and show up to support the Wolfpack on Friday nights.  Many students who have attended can attest to the good time that is had by those who choose to participate. “If you feel like it’ll be boring or you won’t know anyone, just come to one [game] and try it out,” freshman Ryen Minton said at the August 26th game. “It really is so much fun; you’ll meet tons of people, get powder all of yourself, cheer on your school team, and scream a ton.”

The upcoming home games in the month of September are: Greenbrier v.s. Josey on September 3rd, and Greenbrier v.s. Cross Creek on September 23rd. The game on September 3rd at 2:00 pm is themed: America! The complete football schedule can be found at the Greenbrier High School website.

So, come cheer on the Wolfpack and be a part of the team! If you have a twitter, make sure to follow the official student section for GHS account @GHS_DaddysMoney. Feel free to comment your favorite part of the student section festivities below. GO PACK!

1 Comment

One Response to “Student section savvy”

1. Taylor Arlington on October 4th, 2016 11:59 am

I love the picture you chose, and I have to say that my favorite part of the student section is the amount of spirit our leader Kyong shows. The whole enthusiasm and aspect in supporting our teams with chants to show our support is amazing!

[Reply]

Comment on your favorite article and be entered to win a cool prize from the Wolf's Den staff! Drawings to be held monthly.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Student section savvy

Showcase

Growing Number of Bomb Threats

• Student section savvy

Showcase

HOCO Queen 2016: Taylor Tant

• Student section savvy

School News

Chic-Fil-A Leader Academy: student leaders give back

• Student section savvy

School News

VPN Must Come To An End

• Student section savvy

Showcase

GHS football winning streak

• Student section savvy

Showcase

Lisa Guilbeau: Teacher of the year!

• Student section savvy

School News

Freshmen elected into SGA

• Student section savvy

Between The Bells

Jampacked schedule: overbearing or motivator?

• Student section savvy

School News

Greenbrier unites at special olympics

• Student section savvy

Showcase

Clinical students become CNAs!

Student section savvy