The student news site of Greenbrier High School

The Wolf's Den

• September 15Comment on your favorite article and be entered to win a cool prize from the Wolf Den staff! Drawings to be held monthly!

• September 11Yearbooks on sale for $70! Order online @ www.jostensyearbooks.com

Practice makes perfect

Student athletes and band members at Greenbrier spend countless hours during the summer preparing for school sports and activities. During the practices students work on stamina, agility, and many other attributes. This can be done through weight lifting and other practice techniques needed. Many students do not realize how much work goes into being a student-athlete or band member, but they must balance school and as well as other activities.

The Cross Country team participates in summer practices, and is one of many organizations that do so. 10th grader Brian Lesieur, a member of the Cross Country team, said “I really enjoy them, they help me push my body to the limit, and make me a better runner,” when asked how he felt about summer practices. It is obvious that any sport that takes up someone’s summer takes a lot of dedication because for many students, summer is their time to relax after the long school year.

The football team and band also practice during the summer months with only a few weeks to spare! The football team practices the first four days of every week while the band practices every Tuesday and Thursday throughout the summer. The football team is always very positive about the practices too because it makes them better athletes in their own game. 10th grader Kory Moore,” I like the practices because it makes the whole team better and it is also a great workout!”

This year Greenbrier athletes and band members featured within the Wolfpack will try to show how much the dedicated summer practices pay off. Students can get involved by coming to Greenbrier sporting events such as Varsity football games at Greenbrier High School on Friday nights to see your very own school band and football team all while supporting the Wolfpack. If you have an opinion about the summer practices and you play a sport comment down below to let us know how you feel!