The student news site of Greenbrier High School

The Wolf's Den

• September 15Comment on your favorite article and be entered to win a cool prize from the Wolf Den staff! Drawings to be held monthly!

• September 11Yearbooks on sale for $70! Order online @ www.jostensyearbooks.com

Infamous iPhone 7

Hailey Briolat

The iPhone seven: epic fail or multi- million dollar market? While it has a few new features such as a higher definition camera and some cutting- edge emojis, some of the “improvements” aren’t sitting well with Greenbrier consumers. Apple’s recent innovation with wireless headphones has received a great deal of thought from freshman Alexis Fox, who says they are “weird and overpriced – also [the phones] are messed up. [The phones] can randomly activate Siri and you can’t control the volume, like you can’t increase it up or down.”

The headphones don’t come with the heavily priced iPhone, and the iPhone is not easily compatible with other headphones. Despite popular belief, there is a headphone jack; however, to obtain access owners need to make an accurate hole with a drill, thus drilling into the expensive phone just to have a headphone jack. Other than that, if owner’s don’t have a background in woodworking or own wireless headphones, there is no way to listen to music privately.

Not only are the headphones a problem, the size of the phone has senior Jayde concerned that “it will fall out of my small hands and that I [would] lose my headphones.  I think it is a step-down from the iPhone 6. I think it has more features and things that it can do, but it is a hassle with all the extra equipment it needs. It just seems like an inconvenience to the iPhone 6.”

But to freshman Nick Brown, that’s not the only problem.  Brown says that “I believe that the iPhone 7 is a new step in technology [but] it is an abomination to iPhone’s because it costs more money.” However, it’s not just the money to many people. Freshmen Beau Stevens thinks it’s Apple in general that needs to go, not just the iPhone 7. He says he’d rather stick to his own phone because “It can do [many] more things than the iPhone. For instance, I can change the interface on my phone or have better customization and it runs more smoothly than an iPhone.”

The iPhone 7 is generating tons of media coverage, both positive and negative. For all the Apple fan girls and boys, it’s another phone to add to the runway, but to the average consumers, wireless headphones just aren’t going to cut it.

Comment below on what you think of the iPhone 7.

1 Comment

One Response to “Infamous iPhone 7”

1. sarah williams on October 5th, 2016 9:04 am

I really enjoyed reading this because I can relate to the struggle of being an apple user. Very well written and I can appreciate the information given.

[Reply]

Comment on your favorite article and be entered to win a cool prize from the Wolf's Den staff! Drawings to be held monthly.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Infamous iPhone 7

Showcase

Growing Number of Bomb Threats

• Infamous iPhone 7

Showcase

HOCO Queen 2016: Taylor Tant

• Infamous iPhone 7

School News

Chic-Fil-A Leader Academy: student leaders give back

• Infamous iPhone 7

School News

VPN Must Come To An End

• Infamous iPhone 7

Showcase

GHS football winning streak

• Infamous iPhone 7

Showcase

Lisa Guilbeau: Teacher of the year!

• Infamous iPhone 7

Showcase

Student section savvy

• Infamous iPhone 7

School News

Freshmen elected into SGA

• Infamous iPhone 7

Between The Bells

Jampacked schedule: overbearing or motivator?

• Infamous iPhone 7

School News

Greenbrier unites at special olympics

Infamous iPhone 7