The student news site of Greenbrier High School

The Wolf's Den

• September 15Comment on your favorite article and be entered to win a cool prize from the Wolf Den staff! Drawings to be held monthly!

• September 11Yearbooks on sale for $70! Order online @ www.jostensyearbooks.com

15th anniversary of 9/11

The day 9/11 was a day of distress. It was a day of loss and sorrow – two planes purposely crashed into the World Trade Center, the tallest buildings in the United States. Now even though many Greenbrier students may have been too little to remember, there are others who do remember. These people are all around – at your school, at your home, even at your local grocery store.

One of those people being Mr. Williams, a guidance counselor at Greenbrier High School. On that day Mr. Williams was teaching science at Lakeside High School. He was informed about the incident by one of his students. Soon after he turned the news on and listen to the story of what was currently going on. His first response was that he “thought it was an accident.” There was much tension and shock that day. The rest of the day was very uneasy and Mr. Williams claimed that the staff had gave the students time to process the tragic event that had just happened before their eyes.

Another point of view on 9/11 comes from Mrs. Dorsey. Mrs. Dorsey is someone who had witnessed both planes hit the twin towers. Unlike Mr. Williams, Mrs. Dorsey “didn’t think it was an accident.” She was in much shock as all teachers around her were worried. The problem was the teachers could not show their concern for fear of upsetting the students even more.  Mrs. Dorsey, at the time, was a counselor in Thomson at Norris Elementary. She explains that parents were picking up their children and were worried to send their children to school for the next few days. Luckily, today we are all okay; some of are scarred from our memories of that day, some of us being lucky to not remember what even happened. But all shall still be kept in our prayers and that day will always be remembered. Please let us know what you already know about 9/11 or what remember about that day. In memory of 9/11/2001.