The student news site of Greenbrier High School

The Wolf's Den

• September 15Comment on your favorite article and be entered to win a cool prize from the Wolf Den staff! Drawings to be held monthly!

• September 11Yearbooks on sale for $70! Order online @ www.jostensyearbooks.com

The Lakeside Game

On October 6th, a Greenbrier played Lakeside while maintaining a undefeated record. The players were hyped and confident that they were prepared and that they were going to win.

“I believe in the team 100 percent” says band player Sandy Biles.

Being on the field is where you can show people you’re a beast at what you do. Making your team and school cheer for you and talk about how good the game is.

Greenbrier struggles to win and score a touchdown. Running back #6 Zach Kilpatrick didn’t play because of a concussion.

“We were getting beat at the line which really hurt us,” says Zach Kilpatrick.

“[The loss] definitely stung,” says Coach Swain.  “It’s definitely harder to lose a game that close. It hurts that much more, but I do think it takes a little pressure off the kids. Now we can move on and take care of business the rest of the year.”

The game was really disappointing for Greenbrier but was quickly shrugged off because they knew that they played their hardest and tried their best. Our first loss was an upsetting lose.

“I wished I could’ve done something to help but I couldn’t,” says freshman football player Chavez Trasa.

In some cases coaches would’ve been yelling and screaming at the players for losing but not Coach Swain.

“We told them that they played well and fought hard,” remarks Coach Swain.

It was a tough physical game with two good defenses going against two good running games. There is no need in hanging your head, because there is still some goals to accomplish. Any game is not about winning or losing it’s about teamwork.

“I think I prepared them enough because we had a good plan to limit their quarterbacks,” says Coach Swain.  “I thought we went out and executed that plan to the fullest. Anytime you hold a team and points is a good game to me.”

Teamwork is key in sports and especially a sport like football. Without teamwork the team wouldn’t function, no one would have each others back. However, improvement was not the word for this game, concentration was.

“There are some things we can improve as a whole team,” remarks Coach Swain.  “All we can ask is good effort in practice the next week and to keep grinding away week in and week out, we just happened to come out on the wrong side of a close game.”

How do you feel about the Greenbrier vs Lakeside game? Comment what and how things should’ve happened.